Pages

This blog chronicles Matthew Staib's progress as he serves an LDS mission over the course of twenty-four months.

You can also read his personal blog at different, defined.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas is Coming

I hope you guys get a white Christmas. I'll introduce you guys to the family having us over for Christmas dinner - The Michaelis family. I'll talk more on Sunday, I guess. See you guys!

-------------------------------

Heeeeeeeeeey everyone.

While it's on my mind, the football stadium from the last batch of pictures with the banner that says "Home of the Saints" was the exact high school Michael Oher went to in real life. We pass it every time we go to our district meetings every week. Pretty crazy, huh?

Michael Oher's High School
(He was the subject of the movie "The Blind Side")

We've had lots of good times with members this past week, serving others and attending the ward Christmas party. Elder Fry and I got our first Christmas present a couple days ago: Playing cards. The plastic matte stuff. We both got our own set. To be honest, I was surprised to get any presents here at all. I didn't know missionaries got anything from members! I don't really want or need anything for Christmas this year.

We also finally lit up our tree. A family gave us these special glasses that make small snowmen appear around a light, so I took that picture through the lens of the glasses. Pretty cool, huh? In another one of those pictures, you can see a bunch of decorations on top of a P.T. Cruiser. The train on top of the car actually runs. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen.

School is out this week, so we (hopefully) have the chance to teach a lot more this week. It's been hard on our bike week, with the weather changing every day, it seems. My back tire popped on Thursday from another missionary riding it, but we patched it up. Taking a hybrid on a curb? Really?

Anyway... I gotta get going. I'll update you guys on my Christmas experience next week. Have a Merry Christmas, everyone! Love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment