Pages

This blog chronicles Matthew Staib's progress as he serves an LDS mission over the course of twenty-four months.

You can also read his personal blog at different, defined.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Leaving West Memphis

Well, I'm leaving West Memphis on Wednesday. AND I'M TAKING ELDER BIGELOW WITH ME.

West Memphis is being whitewashed, which I'm fine about. I'll probably be a far-away trainer or something, letting the new missionaries know what the deal is with people or which friends to make. Elder Warren had to do that for the Walnut Grove Elders all the time.

This past week has been a good one, visiting with people and other fun activities. We've found a few new potential investigators, so the new missionaries will have a field to play on.

I've gotten a lot of great feedback from my exciting nature stories from last week from both people back home and people in West Memphis (yes, I share my blog with others here). I'll break those stories out more often, since they ooze so much with my melodic typing fingers, but it ain't very missionary-oriented, other than it's done in the mission life. In short, nature stories are good. I love 'em. But I'll try to mix those in as this mission train's a-goin'.

Bad news is, the train is on a different track at the moment, as happens when a missionary leaves an area. I'm packing, Elder Bigelow is packing, we're saying goodbyes, getting information to send out Christmas cards later, and teaching in-between. Yes, sneak-peek, there WILL be Christmas cards in the near future.

Elder McMurtrey and me at the temple

I got to go to the temple this morning. I sat next to Elder McMurtrey, with whom I came out from the MTC. He said that it was the first time we had seen each other for a whole year.

It took me a few seconds for that to set in. It had been an entire year since I had seen him. It blew me away that it had been so short of a time. One of the first things I said to him was that he gained a bit of weight. Only in this mission... Remember, he trained my cousin-in-law, Elder Boyer.

I showed Elder McMurtrey a picture of my brother-in-law, Trent. Elder McMurtrey agreed; they look a ton alike. Mostly the big noses. :3

I don't have many particular experiences or stories to share at the moment since my mind is jumbled from worrying about so much at once, but I hope I'll have a lot more to say next week.

Enjoy the pictures! I love all y'all. (y'all - singular, all y'all - plural) Enjoy the snow, because I surely would! ***

-Elder Staib

No comments:

Post a Comment