Pages

This blog chronicles Matthew Staib's progress as he serves an LDS mission over the course of twenty-four months.

You can also read his personal blog at different, defined.

Monday, July 15, 2013

My Last Week in Pocahontas?

We've had several great lessons with Jon, Jennifer and Creanne this past week. We watched "Mountain of The Lord" with them, and they loved it. They want to visit the temples in Memphis and in Utah when they get the chance. On Thursday, we also helped Jon receive his own personal revelation about a job opportunity. He learned to recognize the Spirit and felt a lot more confident about his actions. Jon and Jennifer are also doing what they can to finalize Jon's divorce so that a marriage can happen. Things at just truckin' along.

Brianna spilled her soul out to her family and invited them to church so that they could build their family on the foundation of Christ. The entire Rasdom family (except Brianna. She was out of town) came to church this past Sunday. This came as a huge relief to the Musicks and to us. We're glad that the desire has been sparked in them and we're hoping this is their first return visit of many.

As for transfers... I'm pleading with my mission president that I get moved somewhere else for multiple reasons, but I do not want to end my mission like this. I only have 2 transfers left. Please keep me in your prayers.

I love y'all, and hope to hear from many of you next week. I haven't heard from many friends lately.

-Elder Staib

Oh! Elder Kowalk's homecoming is on July 28 at 1 p.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment