Pages

This blog chronicles Matthew Staib's progress as he serves an LDS mission over the course of twenty-four months.

You can also read his personal blog at different, defined.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week Two in the MTC

Thanks for the thoughts. They only give us 30 minutes to use the computers here, and don't have printers, so I'll try to get through all my emails and make a good blog post. Thankfully, this is my last week in the MTC, so I'll get an hour's time after this, I hope? We'll see.
-----------------------------------

Hello, everyone! Expect this post to be short. I got a bunch of long emails to read, and I only have 30 minutes total to use the computer...how can I put an entire week in 30 minutes!?

I taught a real investigator yesterday. Her name is Pam. She came into the TRC, and she was the REAL DEAL. It was amazing. I can only describe the experience as: I felt God's love for her. Truly. I wanted to baptize her so bad.

My roommates moved out yesterday. They're off to South Dakota. I'll put a picture of them up here once I get SD Card reader privileges.

So far, people I have recognized here are Hyrum Decker, Nate Anderson and Blake Hogge. His twin, Dilan, will be in the MTC next week. Blake was called to Florida Haitian speaking, and Dilan is going to New Zealand, English speaking. Pretty funny. That one was for you, Alex ;3

One of my roommates, before they left, was mailed a pumpkin. A HUGE PUMPKIN. We carved it Sunday night. I'll send pictures of that too.

On Sunday we also heard from Elder Richard G. Scott. He was fun. I wrote notes of what he talked about in my journals, so I'll update on that later when I have time, or just show you guys later.

My birthday is this week. I'll be 20. No longer a teenager. What the heck. I don't feel like I'm that old at all. I still feel 16. Maybe because my looks haven't changed AT ALL since then.

I guess I was typing so fast that I got a nosebleed. Dang it.

Oh, shout out to Levi Stannard and Micah Schow! Thanks for the Dear Elders, guys! They made my day!

Well, this time next week, I'll be an Arkansas. I hope I can even type up something next week. I've got a lot to talk about, as you can tell. But I honestly don't have enough time here, and it stresses me out. Bad. I tried to plan this post out better, but several things are cutting my time. I'll also have more stories to tell once I get out into the field.

Thank you, everyone, for all the support you've given me. I'm keeping my mail and journals very well-organized. Love you all!

-Elder Staib

No comments:

Post a Comment