Pages

This blog chronicles Matthew Staib's progress as he serves an LDS mission over the course of twenty-four months.

You can also read his personal blog at different, defined.

Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, I got to speak with my family a bit yesterday, so I don't feel too story-telly today. I told my family that right now, it feels like I'm a major cog in the branch's clockwork. I got to this point in West Memphis as well towards the end of my stay there, but we're able to help even more in this branch. Yesterday was all sorts of hectic and I had to go from member to member, answering requests for service and getting some stressful situations sorted out.

Good news, we're planning on a baptism this weekend. Ray is getting baptized. I say we're planning because Ray hasn't been interviewed yet, so that'll happen tomorrow. He's getting baptized in a river by yours truly! One of my mission dreams was to baptize in a river, so I'm really stoked!

This week, we get to see Gladys Knight and her Grammy award-winning choir perform in Memphis. We're taking some investigators. It's gonna be a blast. It's been a hassle getting all the tickets passed out, but we got it settled. That was part of the reason for the branch drama recently.

This is going to be a very busy week. I'll have pictures and stories next week, so look forward to that. I love y'all, and I hope everyone enjoys the first days of summer! Bring on the humidity!

-Elder Staib


No comments:

Post a Comment