Pages

This blog chronicles Matthew Staib's progress as he serves an LDS mission over the course of twenty-four months.

You can also read his personal blog at different, defined.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Happy Holidays!

Hey there, e'erbody!

Christmas. That thing. It's a-comin'. The weather's been really cloudy as of late, and I quite enjoy it. If it can't be white on the ground, at least it's white in the air. Plus, it'll be a white Christmas in another regard: Troy is getting baptized on Sunday! Yeah, we changed it to the next day since he was gonna able with some family on Saturday. He's the most prepared person I've ever seen. Every time we ask him if he knows something's true I feel just dumb even thinking to ask the question. he replies in the most direct manner.

"Yeah, I know it's all true. Joseph Smith was really called of God, and I'm working hard to make it to the Celestial Kingdom."

He's read through Gospel Principles TWICE. Pretty sure that teaches more than Preach My Gospel. No Word of Wisdom issues. Studies the Bible and Book of Mormon every day. He's even sending us a referral he met in the park. Magical missionary fairy? I think yes. HE'S SO RAD WE LOVE TROY.

We've got several awesome member referrals on the way as well. MAN, JONESBORO HAS BEEN GREAT, and it will continue to be great! I'm staying here for another 7 weeks, along with EVERYONE ELSE in my district. We're all ecstatic. This is a testimony to me that if we trudge through the lows, we'll eventually reach the highs. This is a mission high for me.

Ironically, this week I've been hit by some horrible anti-Mormon propaganda, and lots of it. Do I care? NOPE. I'm doing my thing because I know it's right. God told me so. It's as simple as that, and I'm sticking to it. I laughed at the information I received, really. Nothing in the world can defer me from feeling that my mission has brought me and other closer to God, and that the temple is the House of God on the Earth today.

Looking back on it, I've been blessed to go to the temple on my mission so frequently. Elder Carter hasn't been to the temple since the MTC. Temples are spiritual safe havens from the world. Because of my many trips to the temple, I know without a doubt that they are sacred places that were constructed by the inspiration from the Almighty. If anyone tries to say otherwise, they have either never been in a temple themselves or they blocked out the Holy Ghost as they entered. I know that I will always have a spiritual home in the temple. So that's your cue. Go to the temple as often as you can, people. Even if you don't have a specific reason, go to feel the Spirit of the Lord.

Well, lots of P-Day things to do to prepare for the upcoming transfer and the holiday season. I sent a ton of Christmas cards out, so I hope y'all enjoy those! Even though I'm enjoying the area now, I know the mission has its positives and negatives, and they come from every direction. Thank you for your prayers, and continue to pray that the work in Jonesboro will continue to progress as wonderfully as it has these past few weeks.

Merry Christmas!

-Elder Staib

No comments:

Post a Comment