Pages

This blog chronicles Matthew Staib's progress as he serves an LDS mission over the course of twenty-four months.

You can also read his personal blog at different, defined.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Personal Insights

Hey everyone. Another week passes by.

There's not much to speak of in terms of news. We're still teaching John, Jennifer and Creanne, along with Ray's mom. Their faith continues to grow. We're helping them make minute changes. Changes such as praying as a family, reading more and knowing how to feel the Holy Ghost.

I would like to share, briefly, impressions that came to me this past week that I found were very neat.

I have yet to asked anyone to be married as a step to keeping the law of chastity. I just haven't run into those situations as often as, say, the Memphis missionaries. So on Tuesday, we were in a zone meeting with a bunch of other missionaries. For the role play we did in the meeting, I asked a couple Spanish missionaries to teach me the law of chastity to an unmarried couple. Not only did I receive revelation for my investigators, but I received revelation for myself. It was something very simple, but it meant a lot to me. The revelation I got was this:

A marriage centered on Christ cannot fail.

Now, I'm not saying every marriage centered on Christ is perfect. No, I can't expect anyone to be perfect. However, I know that couples that have faith in Christ and make Him their foundation from which to raise a family can endure anything through His grace and love. I'm so glad I learned that.

I think...that's about it for me. I have a little less than 4 months left here, but I don't dwell on it. I'm still serving, just as I've always been. Why should that change?

Love y'all! Talk to ya next week!

-Elder Staib


No comments:

Post a Comment